The rich history and the bright future of the country plays a vital role in tempting the tourists to visit China at least once in their lives. If you’re one of those people and if you’re planning to visit China in the near future, we have only one advice for you. Do not go unprepared. See, China is a challenging country, and you have to keep certain things in mind before you pay a visit to the country.
So, without further ado, let’s find out more about the things that you should keep in mind before you visit China.
Here are 13 things to keep in mind before you visit China.
1. Do not tip anyone. The Chinese do not tip. So, if you’re in that country and don’t want to look like an outcast, you shouldn’t either.
2. Learn how to use chopsticks properly. Sticking the chopsticks straight down the rice is considered rude there. Also, avoid playing drums with them.
3. As an outsider, you may have this idea that everyone in China eats dog. Well, don’t generalize. Majority of the people in China would rather have cats and dogs as their pet, and not their food.
4. Don’t touch, hug, lock arms with Chinese people that you don’t properly know, they are not a fan of body contact. So, it is better to avoid those with people that you aren’t familiar with.
5. If you want to avoid any communication problems, it is advised to bring a translator with you when you visit China.
6. Keep in mind that Chinese do not just speak one language. There are different dialects that they speak like Mandarin and Cantonese. You should have knowledge about what dialect do they speak in the region that you’re at, otherwise, you may end up offending some people.
7. Most of the toilets in China don’t have its own toilet paper, so you should keep a roll with yourself.
8. If you are offered a gift by someone in China, refuse it in a polite way. If offered again, then you may accept it. If you are planning to offer a gift to someone, make sure that it isn;t white. This is due to the fact that White symbolizes death.
9. Keep in mind that Chinese businesses only accept the country’s own currency that is yuan. No other currency including the Hong Kong dollar and the US dollar is accepted in there.
10. Do not use tap water, buy good quality bottled water, even if it is to brush your teeth.
11. There is a lot of fake alcohol being served in some bars in China, be aware of that.
12. Take train rides instead of flights in China for as long as you can. It is more fun to travel in the trains, and also to avoid any delay or cancellation.
The post 12 Things You Should Know Before You Visit China appeared first on .